Sunday, April 15, 2018

It's beginning to look a lot like winter ...

All over again! Woke up to a new coating of white on the ground, temperature of 21F, and freezing rain. Rather dreary.

I'm pining for the gardens! Purchased this week in hopes of starting much of it indoors:



I'm just so ready to get in the dirt again! I dug several new beds last summer and I can't wait to start filling them up. All in good time, I know, but today's weather was not expected (I hardly ever check the forecasts), and apparently we have a few more days of this coming.

To make up for spring's delay, I've been watching (binge watching!) a wonderful YouTube channel I found called "Sean James Cameron's Diary of a UK Gardener" about a southeast Londoner and his allotment garden. It's a wonderful channel and I highly recommend it. Here's one video from his series; I post it for when you find yourself needing a little lift (you really must watch it):



I've been weaving on a new project: A scarf for my kitchen table. It might be done this week. Kitchen towels will follow. I made yardage calculations this evening for 8 towels in a pinwheel pattern. My neighbor will weave 4 and I will weave 4. My table scarf in progress:



The weave structure is "summer and winter" as it's called. It's reversible and it's one of my favorite weaves.

My epiphyllum put out a blossom a few weeks ago. Such a spectacle!



Off to watch a few more episodes from a UK allotment gardener ...

No comments:

Post a Comment