Monday, February 18, 2019

Anticipation begins ...

These came home with me the other day ...



Several racks of seed are on display at the local superstore, I could not resist. It's unrealistic to think I can do anything with them for several weeks, but just the sight of them releases endorphins. Seeing them on the counter lifts my mood and sparks hope. It's won't be too long now, I figure in another month we'll be getting close.

I must resist the temptation to start them indoors. Every time I've started seed early, I was way too early. After last year's experiment of starting several seeds indoors, I've come to the realization that it's best to wait and plant most of them directly in the soil. 1) Transplanting is a lot of work, 2) I don't think the plants like it, 3) several of them seem to do better without the disruption in their growth. So I don't think there will be much indoor sowing this year. Maybe a few seeds.

The quilt is progressing quicker than I thought it would. The pattern turns out to be somewhat forgiving, much more so than other patterns I've made. The 9 blocks which make up the inner part of the quilt are done. I need to make 16 more for the outside blocks; they will be very similar to these only slight variations because they will be on the edge of the quilt. To my astonishment I'm making approximately 1 block a day, not something I expected. These 9 blocks are not sewn together yet, I simply laid them down on the floor to see how they look...



It snowed all day today--this is the reality in contrast to the visions and dreams of the first few paragraphs above. So I stayed in all day. Ran out of bread so I decided to try a recipe I saw in a vlog I follow on YouTube for some stove top soda bread. It's amazingly simple, and amazingly good! I will be making this recipe frequently I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment