Friday, November 8, 2019

Switching gears ...

Well this is a very unusual situation for me: I'm switching gears right in the middle of a quilt! I've had it in mind to make a Christmas quilt and it started sinking in that there's not a whole lot of time left. So I have set aside my current quilt project for a few weeks while I work on something for Christmas.

There are several more rounds to go, but I’m liking it so far. I started with half a printed panel 22.5" square (I’ll use the other half to make a matching pillow). I’m adapting a pattern from Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting, July/August 2013, called “Colonial Medallion”.

I'm sewing the whole thing on my 1875 (yes, it turns out my estimate of 1878 was off by 3 years) Wheeler & Wilson. So much fun.



We had our first snow last evening and today. Well needless to say, I wasn't ready. There are still some garden ornaments and furniture to put inside, and the roses need protection. Looks like it will be a busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment