Tuesday, October 10, 2023

An autumn fair

It is full on autumn now. We were advised about possible frost last night, although it didn't happen. Lows in the 30s, though. It is hard to believe we are in our second week of October! I put some ghouls out yesterday at the end of the drive.




The task of putting wood in storage for winter use is proceeding well. About half the pile from across the yard has been moved to the new storage facility, that leaves another cord to move. Then there's 2 cord up near the facility and I'd like to get them stored this fall, but it will be OK if I don't get it done.

Beatrix Potter ornaments

I finished Jemima Puddleduck this week, she was very fiddly to accomplish but looks great in the end.




I have almost finished Jeremy Fisher, but had to set him aside until I got to the store to buy some crepe. He still needs collar fringe and a black ribbon around his neck. I picked them up today.


I'm currently working on Mr. Tod. They're quite fun to sew and they make me LOL when a new feature makes them come to life.

The Sandwich Fair

The Sandwich Fair is NH's last fair for the season. My neighbor and I went last year and enjoyed ourselves enough to repeat the trip this fall. Sandwich is only an hour from here and it's a lovely drive by Squam Lake (On Golden Pond) and beautiful country lanes.



No comments:

Post a Comment