Sunday, June 19, 2011

City life... A Sunday afternoon walk in the neighborhood...

I took a walk down to the waterfront this afternoon. It was a lovely day for it. Wore my straw hat, the one that goes well enough with my 2-day old stubble to elicit comments on my sex appeal! I kid you not. It happened yesterday in Petland Discounts. Something about me being the next big sex symbol. Ha! Made my day I can tell you that! :)

It was sunny and warm this afternoon and the 20-somethings were out in abundance. Lot's of eye candy for the trip.

The city is (finally) doing some wonderful things with the waterfront. My understanding of the plans is that the whole Brooklyn waterfont will eventually be parkland. This is a good thing. The open breeze that wafts across the East River salves the soul like no ordinary park breeze. It's trip across the expanse from Manhattan gives it a chance to ripen into what feels like bursts of billowy down across the face. Pregnant with fresh air.

There's lot's to see down by North 5-6-7-8-9th Streets by the water so I took my camera along and will leave this little photo journal of my afternoon walk. (I didn't buy anything at the flea market, but 2 weeks ago I bought a lovely old hand crafted doily.)



No comments:

Post a Comment