Monday, September 15, 2014

Thrify finds ...

I didn't see any Aurora Borealis last week--disappointing. But then again, I don't know anyone who did see them, even friends who live further north, so I guess they weren't as easy to be seen as the impression I'd been left with from the news reports.

~ ~ ~

A week ago Saturday, Plymouth held it's annual town-wide yard sale. I managed to get over to Rte. 25 in the afternoon and was really surprised to see two very large flea markets spread out in various parking lots. There were several other spots in Plymouth to yard hop according to the map of the event, but I had much to do so limited myself to those two parking lots. Among a few other goodies, I picked up a large bag of beads for $5. I've sorted out the best beads into a smaller bag.



This Saturday I stopped in at Boomerang in downtown Plymouth for my routine look-see. It's my favorite thrift store, with so many good finds at great prices. It was the first time I ventured upstairs in their clothing department and I'm glad I made the climb. This huge bag of cloth scraps (shown here dumped out on my sofa) was offered for $4. Sold.



It hasn't taken me long to tackle those goodies. I spent a couple days cutting the scraps into even 2" and 1.5" strips and today I constructed the first of 5 or 6 panels which I'll connect together at the end. That will be squared up and a border attached all around. Simple design for the simple way in which I came into the fabric!



I think the pile of new scraps I've created would make great material for some fabric mache. Maybe a lamp to match the quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment