Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Advent scarf ... a completed object ...

Well, it was meant to have 24 sections, one for each day of advent but after day 20 it was so long I decided to cut it short. So I end with a 20-day scarf! It came out ok though, I'm quite pleased with it. Each section is a different lace pattern and the sections are separated by an 8-row connection that includes beads. I used clear beads; they are a little hard to see in the second picture.



It was an enjoyable knit. I like doing these sectional type projects for the many milestones help move it along. I brought it out to knit in public several times. Now for my next knitting project: What will it be? I'm going through patterns I've saved to see if anything speaks to me at this time. I have it in mind to knit a fair isle vest (or sweater) with handspun yarn. We're now in the 2nd day of Tour de Fleece 2018 and I've joined the Warped Weavers group. I'm spinning more yarn for the vest.

Very busy with yard and garden work still. I'm laying in the walkway to the house but I will make that a separate post. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment