Sunday, October 7, 2018

Fall foliage ...

I took a quick trip up to the mountains this afternoon. I intended to go the craft fair in Lincoln but as I approached the exit from the highway I could see the traffic backed up all the way onto the highway and it was not moving. Very crowded. So I decided not to stop and drove by, deciding to head on up to Littleton to do a bit of antiquing instead.

The foliage is turning now. Lot's of beautiful color up in Franconia/Sugar Hill past the notch. Franconia Notch, itself, was clocked in fog but north and south of it was clear.

This sure is a vibrantly colorful time of year. Some pics from the road I take to Rumney (Halls Brook Road), some pics from the notch and points north, and a few pics from the back yard:

My road leading to Rumney (Halls Brook Road):



The Notch and Franconia--all ablaze:



Pics from the back and front yard. The flower is a Japanese Anemone, one of my favorite fall flowers.:

No comments:

Post a Comment