Sunday, August 11, 2024

Quilt progress

 

Cows at the top of the hill
This here:


...is the last block of the quilt! I'm down to one leaf left. I can hardly believe it. How exciting.

Tomorrow I will start on the four borders. In fact, I've already started: I need 84 leaves for the borders so I spent some time this evening tracing them out on freezer paper. Cutting starts tomorrow.


I will also start sewing the blocks together, probably. I'm pretty much set on sewing them with the Wheeler & Wilson No, 8 from the 1870s. It's a joy.


All of a sudden, the summer seems to be speeding ahead of me. Almost half way through August? I need to turn my attention to the wood pile pretty soon. There's 2 cord delivered last year that needs stacking in the wood "shed" before a new delivery arrives in October. I don't want to leave it till the last minute. Why am I suddenly having images of wintery weather and cozy fires? Stop! It's only August, there's still "Indian Summer" to come, and autumn colors, and cider, and apple pies! I need to get a grip. It just feels like there's so much still to be done this summer.

Somebody (I suspect the ones with the bushy tails who come to feast on the bird food: 'fruit and nut') decided to eat the green tomatoes off the 6 vines I had in planters on the deck. Cheeky thing(s). Luckily, I have 9 plants in the garden and I don't think they'll touch those, they're removed from the bird feeders.



1 comment:

  1. Today (and all week) are scheduled to be cool and cloudy here in the other Portland, and suddenly I had thoughts of September!

    That’s a very cool sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete