Sunday, May 20, 2012

Knit wise... an update, and book miscellany...

The Quercus Alba is coming along well: I'm about half done. The Malibrigo is knitting up very soft. Probably another month of subway knitting to complete it.

This picture is the result of "browsing" at Seaport Yarns. Browsing. Ha! My wallet has an anxiety attack if I but turn in the direction of a yarn store. But how could I resist? Aren't these gorgeous!!!

The smaller skein is from Noro's (always beautiful) "The World Of Nature" series. The large skein is from Lorna's Hand-Dyed Yarns. It's called "Unicorn Parade."

Miscellany in the book department:

I recently purchased a few new reads, "My Two Moms, Lessons of Love, Strength, and What Makes A Family" by Zach Wahls. I totally recommend it; think all parents should read it. Excellent. Some very good lessons in this book. And an easy read too.

The other book is "The Hand, How Its Use Shapes The Brain, Language, and Human Culture" by Frank R. Wilson. I'm only on the second chapter, but fascinating so far. I'm particularly interested in this book for obvious reasons: all those things I do with my hands. Plus, I am wondering (and secretly hoping) if I might find a few pointers in the book that may help me with a few of my more challenging students. Challenging in that they struggle a little harder than others.

Speaking of hands, I guess it's time to put up a new "Quote of Note". Coming in the next day or so. :)

2 comments:

  1. I like that, Bernard,your wallet having an anxiety attack. Think I'll steal that phrase if you don't mind. Seems so appropriate at times especially at a Fleece and Fibre festival : ) Beautiful yarns you picked out. Can't wait to see what you pick to knit for them.
    All the best helping your students who are finding piano lessons challenging. Brings back memories of my teaching days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind at all, jak. Have at it! I have a few projects in mind for these yarns... will be posting about them. :)

    ReplyDelete