Friday, May 18, 2012

Off topic: A small tribute... Donna Summer

A sad day indeed.

Taking a moment to remember a beautiful spirit who gave us much.

Rest in peace, Donna Summer

MacArthur Park

A prominent LGBT blogger wrote this afternoon ...

"I submit that Donna Summer owns more square miles of emotional real estate in the hearts of older gay men than any other artist." (Joe.My.God *)

Yes indeed.

Donna Summer was at the height of her ascendency when I moved to NYC in 1978 and shortly thereafter, my coming out years.

As you can hear in the video above, her voice was wonderful even as she advanced in her career.

Last Dance

"I'm so sad. This woman was the queen of disco and so much more. Her records sound as good today as they ever did. That she has never been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a total disgrace, especially when I see the second-rate talent that has been inducted. She is a great friend to me and to the Elton John AIDS Foundation and I will miss her greatly." - Elton John, reacting to the death of Donna Summer.


* Not always work safe. But a great blog with strong opinion. If you're interested in what the extreme opponents of LGBT people are up to on a day-to-day basis, this site will inform you, bluntly. Not pleasant, not pretty, sad and pitiful at times, but essential to be aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment