Monday, January 23, 2012

Fiber wise... a few quick updates...

The tablet woven band I was weaving was cut short yesterday due to a broken warp thread. Yes, I could have repaired it but decided to cut where I was. It was the right decision as now I can see that a few problems I was having with the warp (a few loose threads on the left side) were manifesting themselves in the weaving. Not a total disaster, but I'll lose a little bit of this band. I need to get warping down... my next weaving project will be a study in warping!

At any rate I left the unwoven warp on the warp beam so I can continue with a second piece of band so as not to waste what's there.

Here's the woven part. I turned over the end to make the back side visible. IMO it's almost as nice as the front side...

A quick update on the vest... the panels are all done. Now it's just a matter of weaving in loose ends, assembly, and knitting the collar. Pretty exciting! It knit up real fast, and all those colors were like jewels passing through my fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment