Tuesday, August 13, 2013

An interesting result ...



There it is hanging out to dry in what was gorgeous weather yesterday. (Not so gorgeous today as it's raining, but that has it's own beauty and joy--as long as it doesn't rain every day for a fortnight like it did this spring!)

I have learned a good lesson with this project about using different wools in the same cloth. Two of the wools were slightly greasier than the others causing them to behave differently in the wet finishing stage: They didn't shrink as much as the other wools. That in turn has left my stole with a little puckering. Not much, just a little, and seeing how it's for personal use I don't mind at all. In fact, I think it's a charming aspect of the cloth. But notes have been duly jotted down.

I'm very happy with the way the colors worked. It looks country.


Well now, I better get spinning because I want to make a scarf out of these two merino/silk blends:

No comments:

Post a Comment