Friday, November 15, 2013

Quilt sampler ... week two ...

In this week's class we made our nine-patch blocks. Still to go are nine-patch variations, log cabin, square dance, friendship star, and flying geese blocks.

I'm continuing to play around with placement, seeing how different arrangements change the overall look. When it came to picking out fabrics, it was suggested that we look into batiks, but since I just made Triple Around The World in batiks I strayed. Besides, this sampler will have several different block patterns in it and I want to highlight the patterns, so I picked strong--mostly solid--colors. Batiks, to my inexperienced eye, would meld the whole into less discernible patterns.

One of the arrangements I like so far:


Of course nothing is definite until all the blocks are constructed.

I need a new knitting project! What will it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment