Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tour de Fleece... day 23+

Well, I went over by a day! Just wanted to get the last skein done before I took the "group picture". The end has come and one again I can't believe that it's over. Time flies when you're having fun, no? I pushed myself a bit this year. I tested out some ratios on my wheel that I've never used before, setting it on the highest speed for the last skein. I have to say it was a bit too much for the type of yarn I was making and struggled a bit off and on. It was great when I drafted really fast, but the top didn't allow such a pace to continue unabated.

I think there was something psychological going on with the color of this last skein. It didn't place me in the best of moods! Whereas the purple--same fiber from the same company, just different color--kept my spirits riding high the whole while! Go figure. But the confrontation of a challenge can be good and I'm glad I have another skein of this blue to spin up. I'll see if it's a simple case of my biorhythms (remember those!) being off or whether this color just has it in for me! It's funny though, because once it's all plied up and skeined, I love the color...

And now for the group photo of my TdF spinning for 2012. It's been a BLAST! Wish I could share all the fabulous spinning photos over on Ravelry... it's unbelievable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment