Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tour de Fleece, days 6, 7, and 8...

Thursday and Friday, being work days, meant spindle time for TdF. I'm getting near the end of the unknown gift fiber, almost daring to say it could be finished tomorrow. We'll see.

Today was wheel time and I started on some of the Wellington Fibres. All I can say is WOW! What a dream! I had spun some on my spindle before and it was lovely and wonderful but on the wheel it's totally awesome. I didn't expect a big difference but there it is. It spins fast and beautifully. I made a 2-ply yarn starting around 1pm this afternoon. I probably spun a total of 2 hours--maybe a tad more and ended up with 112 yards of gorgeous 2-ply yarn that is soft, strong, lustrous and luscious! In the photo below the coin is a nickel piece for scale.

Also today, warped the last 2 chains for my new plaid throw and I'm hoping to dress the loom tomorrow. Naked is nice but not when speaking of a loom. It wants a warp! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment