Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Crochet... an FO...

This one was a long while in the making! Not that I spent all that much time actually working on it, but it sat for many months just waiting for me to get back to it. Funny how projects go. Some go straight from start to finish with no interruption, some go in fits and starts, some go--as this one did--from a flurry of activity to a long period of dormancy before they are finished in another flurry of activity. Go figure.

I love this little lap blanket. It is 27" x 33.5" and if you ask me it's a pretty cheerful little piece. Perfect for these frigid temps that have descended upon us this week. Brrrr.

It was crocheted with leftover yarns. I had just enough yellow and brown but had to use 2 shades of green and 3 shades of blue. All of it is Harrisville's New England Highland.

This is a free pattern from Debbie Smith and it can be found on Ravelry. It's called "Sunflower Lap-Ghan". I love granny squares!


No comments:

Post a Comment