Thursday, June 19, 2014

Oh deer ...

Oh dear, oh deer!

I was just thinking, yesterday morning as I was making coffee, how pleased I was with the way the garden is growing. Wouldn't you know! I looked up and out the kitchen window and this is what I see:

I don't want her to see:

So far so good (fingers crossed until I get to the hardware store and get some repellant to spread around). She was on the opposite side of the driveway from the garden so I hope she didn't see or smell it.

Another bear spotted this evening on Rte. 25 on my way to the market. They are around. Momma and cub came by the other day, but she ran off as soon as I opened the front door and made some noise. I am now witness to their speed. Yah, speed and weight together make an intimidating sight.

But I love being up here where the animals are. I feel at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment