Friday, April 27, 2012

Knit wise... sneak previews...

The doily is done! The last few rows were not without incident and I will write about that when I post the completed doily.

I just laid it out with blocking wires and it's lying on my living room floor to dry.

Full report in a day or so. For now, I thought I post just this teasing bit of corner ...

I have started working on Quercus Alba in earnest, taking it on the subway every day. I've dispensed with the life line! Who would have thought!? I guess I'm feeling more secure in my ability to "read" my knitting. It is important to be able to recognize each stitch in case it needs to be undone.

I changed yarns and needles: Knitting a few inches with the worsted weight on size 6 needles did not produce a result that I liked. So I purchased some lace-weight Malibrigo Baby Merino Wool in a color way called "Autum Forest" which both sounds and looks appropriate for oak leaves and acorns. I'm hoping the pooling will behave itself. Here's what I've knit so far, and I must admit I don't like the "stripey" effect... may start yet again with either a different yarn or different size needles. Pattern is lovely though:

No comments:

Post a Comment