Sunday, August 5, 2012

Off topic... Saturday afternoon stroll...

I did this yesterday. It was totally impromptu. I had been out in the back yard spinning for an hour and came back in with only a vague idea of what was next. Surest bet was piano practice. Contenders included warping the loom or cleaning (!).

As I entered the what-used-to-be-called-the-tv room some back burner idea caught my attention. I hadn't been down to the Williamsburg flea market since summer started. Why not now? ... Why not?

I welcomed the idea with enthusiasm. There was still a lot of weekend to get around to the loom. Yes, I should do a bit of cleaning. Cleanliness is next to godliness. It's also over-rated. I'm sure, when I'm on my death bed, I won't regret not cleaning more. Oh, the cleaning can wait. (I did some straightening up today. :) )

So being that the temps were quite high yesterday, I lathered myself up in some sunscreen, donned my straw hat, bid the birds an au revoir and set off for Brooklyn Flea--a short 20 minute walk away.

Which wasn't there. Some Saturdays in the summer are set aside for what is called "Smorgasburg" billed as "A Brooklyn Flea Food Market". Well that's alright! Indeed! "I'll catch Brooklyn Flea some other weekend," I thought. So I began my world tour of food. What follows is a picture journal of my sojourn...

(Click picture to enter slide show mode--much better viewing that way.)



























No comments:

Post a Comment