Saturday, August 4, 2012

Woven throw #2 is finished...


I finished weaving this throw yesterday morning, hemstitched the ends when I got home from work last night, and wet finished it this morning. The finished size is 73" x 22". Harrisville Designs' New England Shetland throughout.

I hung it over a clothes line to dry and when I took it down noticed that it dried with a pucker on both edges where it hung over the line. Happily, I was able to use the steam iron to remove the puckers. Yay!

I think I did a little better on this one. Learned a few things from the first throw. Just little things, but they add up don't they?

Amazing how quickly the actual weaving goes once the loom is warped. These plaids--any pattern with horizontal milestones I would imagine--really seem to speed along. How enjoyable it is to have a few minutes--5 or 10--to sit and weave a block or two of color.

My next weaving project is going to use some of my own handspun. Exciting.

A close up, 2-2 twill, 10epi, 10dpi:

2 comments:

  1. That is really lovely! And hooray for horizontal milestones. They're kind of like entrelac squares; you just want to see the next one, and the next, and the next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michele. :) Yes! Like entrelac squares... they pull one along.

    ReplyDelete