Thursday, August 7, 2014

Vacation ... day 2 ...

Following Monday's strenuous, but exhilarating, climb up Rattlesnake Mountain it seemed that a quiet, relaxing stroll through Shin-Boku Nursery would be fitting. And it was. Even a calm stroll can be breathtaking.

Shin-Boku is located one town to the west from here. In fact it's just a stone's throw from my favorite Antique store that I mentioned last week. From the write-up, I expected a quaint, down-scaled stroll garden but was surprised to find a rather extensive garden. The scale was much larger than I anticipated, all the more to my delight! It's a beautiful garden and the owner explained that he's not done with it yet. In fact, there are currently new plantings at one end.

The trees are beautiful! There is an extensive nursery of exquisite specimens for sale. I can't imagine the amount of time that goes into training their growth!



Today, I drove down to Sunapee to attend the League of NH Craftsmen's Fair. Oh my word!! It left me as breathless as my hike up Rattlesnake. Exquisite craftsmanship, gorgeous craftworks. Wood, pottery, metal, glass, fiber, jewelry. Wow, oh wow, oh wow! Sublime. I was good and purchased one mixing bowl which, in my opinion, was one of the most beautiful to be had. It caught my eye right away and I fell in love with it:



Tomorrow I'll post about my most tranquil hike around Quincy Bog yesterday, right next door in Rumney.

1 comment:

  1. I never expected there would be such a garden in New Hampshire. This is lovely and I'm so glad to see that the plantings can survive the winters in your area.

    ReplyDelete