Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cello...

Wondering why extensions on the D Major and A Major scales seem harder than those on the Bb and Eb Major scales, although they are basically the same? The difference being that D and A Major require a repositioning of the thumb and a downward movement of the hand. It's coming but taking some real work. I like F Major.

One of the things I really love about cello is that it's not stuck in equal temperament. I can hear pure intervals on my cello and they are divine.

We (my teacher and I--mostly he) repositioned my relationship to the cello at my lesson on Tuesday. I was holding it too vertical and too high. Now I'm getting used to the new position and it is in fact a bit more comfortable.

Found a wonderful awakening between my shoulder blades last weekend and it has made a big difference. Although I have a long way to go, bowing is not quite the struggle it has been. Oh yes, there's still struggle, just not as much. It's a little more under control now. Just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment