Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tour de Fleece... day 4 and 5

Now that we're in the middle of the work week the best I can manage is spindle spinning while waiting for the buses and trains. I'm spinning on the platform at 23rd & Broadway while waiting for the N or R after work, and I'm getting some twist in at Bedford & N. 7th while waiting for the B62. I'm also spinning when I get home at night. It's a good way to unwind.

Yesterday and today's progress is shown below. Although it doesn't look it there really is more singles on the spindle than the pic I took over the weekend. The picture also shows the finished 2-ply yarn. This stuff will weave or knit up into a fabric with beautiful drape.

I will continue with the spindle for the rest of the week and this weekend I'll be able to treadle the wheel again.

I've now made it one of my goals to finish this ball of merino top during TDF 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment