Monday, July 4, 2011

Tour de Fleece... day 3

I finished the white Shetland today--got one small hank out of the remainder. Hopped right into the grey Shetland, picture follows. I also did more Merino on the spindle.

Tomorrow is a work day, the first for me since TDF started and I don't know how much I'm going to get done. I suspect that during the week the bulk of my TDF spinning will be spindle spun. I can spin while waiting for the bus.

I have a wonderful story about waiting for the B62 on Bedford & 7th around 10:30 pm one night last year. I was spinning some beautiful multi-shade green and multi-shade yellow top on my spindle in front of the pizza place at the bus stop and a young Irish man came up to me and inquired about my spinning. He fell in love with the yarn. He said he'd very much love to have the yarn I was spinning but understood that it wasn't finished yet. We had a really nice chat and then he kissed me on both cheeks European style. How romantic. Swoon. I got all warm and fuzzy over it. He was cute as a button! :)

Today's grey and white Shetland:

No comments:

Post a Comment