Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Quilting ... 2nd class ...

Went to my second quilting class this evening. It's a really lovely group. Lot's of laughter. Feigned disasters -- though most of us are getting experience with a seam ripper.

Here's how my patchwork table runner looks now:


I have 2 ends to construct and attach, a border, backing, stuffing and quilting to finish it. I'll be making and attaching the ends this week at home. Next week is our last class! The teacher announced a new class starting in October for a sampler quilt. I think I'll sign up. Quite enjoying this. The array of fabric patterns and colors to choose from is dizzying; allows the imagination to run wild.

Stopping in to the store this week for a little "retail therapy" I found myself in the company of two other men -- who quilt! In fact, one gentleman is the President of the local Quilters Guild. How about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment